In preparation for surgery
- Please arrange to have an adult accompany you to our ASC, be available during the procedure, assist you when discharged, and provide transportation home.
- Notify your surgeon immediately if you become ill, even with a minor cold, during the week before surgery.
- Contact lenses cannot be worn during surgery. Please remove them before surgery.
- Take a bath or shower at home the morning of your surgery.
- Leave all valuables including money, credit cards, and jewelry (including pierced) at home, or give them to the adult who accompanies you to your surgery.
- Wear comfortable shoes and loose-fitting clothing.
- Bring a complete list of medications with dosage information.
Day of surgery information
On the day of your surgery, please plan to arrive at the time agreed to with your surgery coordinator. Use the map provided here on the website for complete directions. There is ample free parking located in the garage next to the entrance of our ASC.
At Woolfson Eye Institute’s ASC, an anesthesiologist specialized in outpatient anesthesia will discuss with you in detail the recommended anesthesia plan he or she will be administering for your surgery and answer any questions you may have regarding that plan on the day of your surgery.
You will be discharged on the day of surgery. Please arrange to have an adult accompany you who will be available during your procedure, able to assist you during your discharge from the ASC, and able to provide you transportation home.