After Your Procedure
After your Woolfson LASIK procedure, you will receive a pair of protective sunglasses that you will be asked to wear over the next few days. You will also receive a Post Procedure Kit including lubricant drops, tape-on eye shields, and medication to help you sleep.
Your eye(s) may feel slightly irritated or you may tear up or water for a few hours. If you experience any discomfort, you may opt to take an over-the-counter pain reliever. Typically, patients go home, take their sleeping medication, and after a bit of rest (wearing protective eye shields) are quite comfortable within a short period of time. Please remember not to rub or touch your eyes during the early healing stage, especially those first few hours.
How long after LASIK before I can resume normal activities?
Most patients are able to return to work the following day. Apart from your post procedure instructions, you will be free to resume most of your normal activities, except for the restrictions below:
- Do not shower until the day following your procedure. When you do shower, avoid letting water directly in your eyes.
- Do not rub your eyes for at least seven (7) days.
- Do not wear eye makeup for one week.
- Do not drive the day of your procedure.
- Do not watch TV or read for prolonged periods of time for a few days.
- Wear your protective sunglasses for the first two days following your surgery.
- Do not exercise for one week.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs and whirlpools for one week.
- Avoid outside and dusty environments for one week.
- Avoid contact sports that could result in an eye injury for one month.
Have you already had LASIK surgery?
We understand that many people research about LASIK recovery times before they have their procedure. This is one of the reasons we’ve created this page. If you’ve been researching and thinking about having laser vision correction surgery for a while now, but haven’t yet, give us a call today (contact us here) to schedule your free LASIK evaluation!
Woolfson Eye Institute has LASIK centers across the Southeast in Georgia (Atlanta/Sandy Springs, College Park, Cumming, Lawrenceville, Stockbridge), North Carolina (Asheville), and Tennessee (Chattanooga, Knoxville), and we are prepared to give you your best vision. So contact us today!