Most patients are able to return to work the following day. Apart from your post-procedure instructions, you will be free to resume most of your normal activities, except for the restrictions below:
- Do not shower until the day following your procedure. When you do shower, avoid letting water directly in your eyes.
- Do not rub your eyes for at least seven (7) days.
- Do not wear eye makeup for one week.
- Do not drive the day of your procedure.
- Do not watch TV or read for prolonged periods of time for a few days.
- Wear your protective sunglasses for the first two days following your surgery.
- Do not exercise for one week.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs and whirlpools for one week.
- Avoid outside and dusty environments for one week.
- Avoid contact sports that could result in an eye injury for one month.
We understand that many people research about LASIK recovery times before they have their procedure. If you’ve been researching and thinking about having laser vision correction surgery for a while now, but haven’t yet, give us a call today (contact us today) to schedule your free LASIK evaluation!
Woolfson Eye Institute has LASIK centers across the Southeast in Georgia (Atlanta/Sandy Springs, Airport Location, Cumming, Lawrenceville), North Carolina (Asheville), and Tennessee (Chattanooga, Knoxville). We are prepared to give you your best vision, so contact us today!